YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 27, 2012

Victory

This story really touched me, it was very emotional and to even think what this lady went through as a little child is unreal. It touched me because I have also never had a dance with my dad that I can remember, if the first dance I have with my father was at a concentration camp I definitely would remember that moment in time. There are a few different lines that put an image in your head for example: “My lovely father (once big and strong)”. This put the image of a really strong fit man with huge muscles then another a weak, tired, skinny, hungry, thirsty man. An example of a metaphor is: “The ugly barracks disappeared”. Obviously the barracks didn’t just simply disappear. But it was a metaphor of how she was tuned in to only that moment she is spending with her father at this time. Every thing around her just disappeared in her mind to her and probably also her dad. “There was no hunger…and no fear”. This is another example because of course every one was hungry and tired and thirsty but they were also scared. The third line reads “You knew that they would ‘take’ you soon”. Which means probably that the girl didn’t know but the father wanted to make this time special. Also “You whispered ‘little one let us dance, we may not have another chance’”.

1 comment:

  1. That's actually awesome, I love how you had a lot of quotes straight from the poem in there and how you tied them in with the things that Mr. Peters had us write about.

    ReplyDelete