YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Who You Are

Where you are from is Who You Are.

I come from electronic gaming equipment like gameboys and playstation, with games like Jak and Daxter and sly 3. I played these games like they were my life, every second of every day.
I’m from power rangers, The Simpsons, Doctor who and charmed. These shows which enlarged my imagination, and caused me to dress up like a fool and for people to mock me.
I’m from Disney movies, which occupied most of my childhood, fantasizing about these majestical adventures. Wanting to be Cinderella to wanting to go on adventures with Tarzan. Wanting to live in the world of toy story and having fun with all the toys.
I’m from the outside, playing sports, having fun from Soccer to swimming.
I’m from the “Old” Disney channel, from shows like That’s so raven and lizzie mcguire, these shows that I would do anything to have back on the air.

I come from rainy days, which fogs the sky which was once light blue.  Sometimes there may be snow, which causes icy roads, WHICH THEN CAUSES TRAFFIC. Sitting for up to an hour or more, sitting, thinking.
I’m from the men and women even children and dogs, sitting at the side of the road, begging for wealth. Then giving them the money and wondering if they really are troubled economically or if it is just a scam.




I’m from quiet mountaintops to busy streets, being pushed around by sweaty, tired men and women. Sometimes making me lose balance causing me to trip and make a fool of myself.
I’m from sitting by the television on Christmas day after opening my presents and being the happiest person in the world.

I’m from my mother, who stayed strong throughout life with the many diseases she contained. Being allergic to the sun to having psoriasis these problems cause her the have troubles throughout her life but it is a blessing from god that she is still living.
I’m from my father, having to go offshore all the time, leaving his children, scared, alone. He works hard to care for his family, to give us a better life than what we had before, and he reached his goal, not to a point of complete happiness but to a point of when I live, I live happy.
I’m from my siblings, always being the youngest, its difficult but I know they are always there to protect me, we may fight and argue but deep inside, I love them, more than I love myself (I will admit, I am pretty vain.)
I’m from bands and singers that I admire; I’m from Eminem after all he has been through in his life from losing his uncle to his wife cheating on him various times.
I’m from One direction (My idols) some people mock me and make fun of me for my love for them, but they are my idols and I won’t give up on them. People call them gay because they treat each other like family.
I’m from Pink and her struggles; her music comforts me and makes me feel better about myself.


I’m from the Scottish delicacy haggis; I tend not to eat it because I don’t eat sheep. The grossness of that food, it uses almost every part of the sheep which disgusts me but it is so darn delicious.
I’m from Mince and tatties, which my mom makes best, everything is better homemade (then again depends what house you are in.)
I’m from Irish stew, I have never actually been to Ireland but when eating this dish it just gives me a sense of homeliness.
I’m from waking up in the morning and having a SCOTTISH BREAKFAST! These breakfasts usually consist of bacon, (lots of bacon, bacon is good), eggs, beans, Black pudding, white pudding, haggis, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms and tons of other amazingly delicious foods.
I’m from retro sweets, which most people these days call candy, Kola Cubes they are my favorite.
I’m from drumsticks, one of the best sweets in the world in my opinion, everyone says they are bland and plain, they are delicious, they are chewy but have this unique flavor.
I’m from those little sweetie cigarettes, which sometimes had SpongeBob or Spiderman on the packaging. They bring back so many memories.




I’m from parental expressions like “CLEAN YOUR ROOM” and “DON’T TALK BACK”, a thing that most kids have been told, why must I clean my room? It’s going to get messy again anyway, and I’m not talking back, I am simply giving you an explanation and arguing because I have a fair case TO argue with. My sister once told my mother that when she dies, on her tombstone it is going to read, “Here lies Dawn Charlton – Strang, now go clean your room”.  She once told me this and I couldn’t stop laughing for about 10 minutes straight.


I’m from my mother telling me how she used to be in the army, and I thought that was the coolest thing ever and then she tells me that she was a computer nerd in the army? Not so cool.
I’m from seeing pictures of my father, when he was young, when he had HAIR; I was shocked I thought he was born that way with grey hair and bald spots. I was astonished. Then seeing a picture of my dad in a pair of speedos and gagging, honestly thinking about throwing up.
I’m from listening to my parents and my siblings talking about their past and how “awesome” it was.
I’m from looking through photo albums and just smiling like an idiot about all the memories they bring back, and how cute I was (I’m still cute but I was even cuter when I was young.) And simply wanting to pick me up and stick me in my pocket, I was just adorable.
I’m from the videos that my mom took on Christmas day and laughing at my cuteness. Laughing at opening my presents and finding an orange and an apple, and that one moment, my expression that one expression will stay in my memory forever.
I’m from my moms many jobs and careers; from being a bartender to being in the army. And always hoping to grow up to be like that, to get to witness and feel everything. I envy that.
I’m from my grandfather who is an organist in a church,(not like taking peoples organs kind of organist) but the kind who can make beautiful music come from a beautiful instrument.


I'm from many places and things, and all these places and things make me who I am today, I will not be where I am without them and I will not be who I am without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment